Guide to Apartment Renovations in NYC
Apartment renovation projects in New York City can be incredibly challenging without the proper preparation. While an exciting opportunity to achieve an all-new home aesthetic, it’s important to understand what to expect from your apartment renovation before getting started.
Knowing how to approach your remodel will help you plan for the unforeseen so you can keep your project on track. In this article, we offer a complete guide to apartment renovations in NYC to help you stay prepared. We cover:
- Choosing the right contractor
- Exploring design options and materials
- Considerations for your NYC apartment renovation
Choose the Right Contractor
Every eye-catching renovation starts with a qualified remodeling contractor. When selecting a contractor for your project, it’s important to choose one with experience working specifically on apartment buildings. Since many New York apartment buildings are considered historical, you’ll need a contractor that understands how to navigate the permit and building process for such structures.
Your contractor should also be someone you can trust and who offers an open, honest line of communication. While your contractor should be the expert you defer to on all design and build processes, it’s important that they’re receptive to your input and understand the goals you’re trying to achieve.
At Star Renovations NY, our team has years of experience helping NYC residents renovate their apartment buildings. We manage the entire board package submission process and Department of Building permitting approval. On your behalf, our liaison team submits and presents detailed project proposals, plans, and drawings to the management board for approval.
With the help of our in-house designers, we help you choose space-specific finishes and materials perfectly aligned with your unique preferences.
Explore Design Options & Materials
When planning any apartment renovation, explore all the options available to you. Take several tours of different bathroom and kitchen showrooms to get a feel for how you can optimize your living environment. Take note of the designs that inspire you, and acknowledge which styles and materials you want to avoid.
Along with the general layout of your redesign, you’ll want to review all materials carefully. Plan for a final look before construction begins.
Considerations for Your NYC Apartment Renovation
There are many ways residents can remodel their apartment spaces to reflect their personal style. Here are a few considerations to explore for your own remodel:
- Removing interior walls: Transform your apartment layout by removing interior partition walls to create an open-concept floor plan or a floor plan that’s more suitable for your family.
- Remodel the kitchen: Update flooring, cabinets, lighting, and appliances to transform your kitchen into the one you’ve envisioned.
- Renovate your bathroom: Upgrades to your bathroom plumbing fixtures, flooring, lighting, and more can be a great way to refresh your space and quality of living.
- Increase storage space: Living in NYC, there’s never enough storage space. Why not add closets, custom cabinetry, built-in shelving, and more to maximize storage space in your apartment?
Schedule Your Consultation With Star Renovations NY
Planning an apartment remodel can be stressful, especially when you’re coordinating permits and worrying about building requirements and regulations. At Star Renovations NY, we’re experts in handling the complex parts of an apartment renovation.
For a stress-free, white-glove remodeling experience, trust NYC’s expert design/build team: Star Renovations NY. With our exceptional attention to detail and personalized process, we can ensure your vision becomes a reality.